In 1952 after working at Knievel Motor Co for six years, Leon Dinkel, along with his father, Elmer, and brother, Loren, bought the business. After the purchase, Knievel Motor Co became Dinkel Implement Co and was located at 315 S 1st St. They continued to sell Allis Chalmers tractors and Hudson cars.
Leon worked long days and nights after buying the business. He would work during the day at the business, then continue to work late into the night fixing cars and tractors. He was a hardworking, busy man but still made time for his family.
Leon became sole owner in the 1960’s and continued to work at Dinkel Implement until he passed away in July of 1978.
Elmer Dinkel, Leon’s father, worked at the business from the time Leon, Loren and Elmer bought it in 1952 until he passed away in 1964.
During this time, Dinkel’s began selling the New Holland line of equipment in 1956. They also began to sell and service irrigation equipment in 1957 as well as used cars.
In 1968, Dinkel Implement discontinued the Allis Chalmer tractor and Gleaner lines. They were a “short line” only dealer until adding the Kubota and White equipment lines in the 1970’s.
In 1971, Larry Dinkel began working full-time for Dinkel’s after having worked at Vulcraft parttime during summer break from college and serving in the Armed Forces.
Dinkel Implement sold the first New Idea Uni-System in Nebraska in 1967.
In 1976, New Holland introduced the Twin Rotor TR70 combine. This combine, along with the New Idea Uni-System became Dinkel’s main focus. These two products helped Dinkel’s survive in the 70’s and early 80’s.
John Dinkel began working at Dinkel’s full-time in 1978 after working at UPS part-time and Dinkel’s part-time.
In early 1990’s, Dinkel’s made the decision to physically expand their business and in 1991, they relocated to its present location at 3615 W Norfolk Ave.
In 2004, Dinkel Implement expanded their service building to accommodate the servicing of combines and self-propelled forage harvester in-season as well as during periods of non-use.
In 2012, Dinkel’s constructed a 72’ x 162’ Morton building to keep customers’ equipment safe from outside elements. A 36’ x 150’ extension to the main building’s offices, parts department and showroom area was also added during this time.
An 8000 square foot service area was added in 2015 to better serve our customer’s needs throughout the years to come.
In 1983 Dinkel Implement expanded sales and service in Scribner, Nebraska, to help accommodate their growing customer base.
In 1997, Dinkel’s sold the 25,000th New Holland TR combine to roll off the line at the Grand Island plant. A special ceremony was held at the plant to commemorate the event.
In 2002, Dinkel Implement celebrated 50 years in business. At the Customer Appreciation event that year, New Holland also unveiled the CR combine, revolutionizing the combine industries AGAIN! Dinkel’s customers gave a great reception to the new New Holland CR combines after they were unveiled.
Brad Dinkel, John’s son, joined Dinkel’s full-time in 2008 after attending and graduating from the University of Nebraska at Omaha and working part-time both at UPS and Dinkel Implement of Scribner.
In 2008, the MacDon draper head was added to the equipment line-up to complement the New Holland CR combines. Also during this time, Dinkel’s added New Holland Construction equipment to broaden the line-up of equipment even more.
The JCB line of equipment was added in 2012 to an already exceptional line-up of equipment at Dinkel’s.
In 2013, Dinkel Implement added Kinze planters and Landoll tillage equipment to their remarkable equipment line-up.
Dinkel’s – Norfolk & Scribner – continue to be locally owned & managed by Larry, John and Brad Dinkel. Dinkel’s and all their employees strive to serve our valuable customers’ wants and needs. Thank you for your continued business and friendship throughout the years. We look forward to the years to come and continuing our relationship with each of you.